A Brief Intro

Amongst all the genres of music, none has made a bigger impact on me than Rock. As a child, I was introduced to the world of Rock through my father, with bands such as the Scorpions, the Eagles, Dire Straits and Eric Clapton to name a few. Imagine a head banging 10 year old... yeah, that was me.

I did have my phases where I ventured into other genres of music; RnB, Hip Hop, Alternative, Trance, Dance, Retro and even Bhangra, but like the seasons, they came and left. What passion has remained throughout my childhood till now lies with Rock.

Names like Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rage Against The Machine, Iron Maiden, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, Deep Purple, Metallica and Guns N' Roses are legends. Usually labeled as 'Classic Rock'. While bands formed much later like Muse, Black Light Burns, The White Stripes, The Killers, Franz Ferdinand, Avenged Sevenfold, Audioslave and The Darkness (to name a few) have been playing their cards right at keeping the Rock spirit flaming, but are classified under a different category of rock. Even the term 'Classic Rock' is broad, and acts more of an umbrella which covers many different kinds of rock.

This blog is dedicated to Rock, and in it, you'll find the different forms of Classic Rock, the best rock bands in each category and some of the most influential songs ever produced. Join me on this journey, in this school of Rock, and keep your heads banging and fists pumping in the air.

ROCK ON!!!
Amresh



 

5 comments so far.

  1. Grace August 21, 2008 at 7:22 PM
    Heys, all the best with your blog! Keep on rocking. :D
  2. Janice Kee August 21, 2008 at 7:28 PM
    that guy with his keep-on-moving head is the star of this blog. haha.
  3. JW Lam August 22, 2008 at 6:02 PM
    I love it and I need it
    I bleed it yeah it's a wild hurricane
    Alright hold tight
    I'm a HIGHWAY STAR!


    Don't head-bang too hard - there's a line between feng-tauing and head- banging, okay?
  4. Mooseiah August 22, 2008 at 9:36 PM
    Deep Purple! Respect! haha. Oh yeah, tell me bout it. In Langkawi, I head banged so much,on the next day, I had to head over to a Thai Spa.
  5. russel limus October 4, 2008 at 3:54 AM
    awesome blog mr. singh!
    *russel laughs*
    (u know what russel's laughing at dont you?)

Something to say?